Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thursday Morning

Another week has gone by, I have to say that this Thursday morning was not nearly as stressful as last weeks. Not too much were on sale that I had coupons for. I did shop at my three stores today but was in and out each store under 30 minutes. That is how few items I had on my list.

Let's start with Kroger again. They are still having the same sale as last week going on, but they did remove a couple of items and replaced them with other items. I bought my milk at Kroger since if I spent $10 or more, then the Springdale milk was 99 cents a gallon. I also picked up two Nesquiks for the boys at a dollar a piece. I did take advantage of the sale again. I was able to get four boxes of Kelloggs fruit snacks for 99 cents a box. My other items that I bought where items I needed to buy either for making school lunches or for dinner tonight. Swedish Meatballs in my new crock pot! I cannot wait to eat! All in all, I paid $26.35 and saved $25.49. A savings of 49%.

Albertsons was my next stop. I needed to get some pasta for tonight's dinner. Albertsons has the Barilla Whole Grain Pasta on sale for $1.25 a box. I still had the 55 cents off of one Barilla Whole Grain Pasta coupons from last month. I used all three and paid 75 cents per box. I also used all three of my 50 cents off of one Yakisoba meals. Since Albertsons still doubles all three of my coupons, I got them all for FREE! Nice, quick lunch for me today. I did take advantage of the buy one get one free sale on the Irish Spring soap bar packs. I still had my two 50 cents off of any one Irish Spring coupons. They were expiring on the 23rd, so I saw this as my opportunity to use them. I am used to getting Irish Soap free, but it has been awhile since Kroger had them on sale for a dollar a 3 pack. Albertsons did take and double my two coupons to drop the price from $2.99 to 99 cents for both packs! I ended up paying $14.69 and saving $15. A savings of just over 50%.

Tom Thumb was my last stop today. I needed to get cereal. Tom Thumb as selected General Mills cereals for $1.88. Tom Thumb also had a coupon that makes the price of Multi-grain Cheerios and Banana Nut Cheerios $1.99 a box, with a limit of 4 boxes. I had two coupons for $1 off of two Banana Nut Cheerios coupons and a Cellfire coupon for 75 cents off of one box of Banana Nut Cheerios. I ended up getting 3 boxes for $1.49 and one for 74 cents. I also used two different $1 off of any two Cheerios coupons for get some Honey Nut Cheerios for $1.38 a box. My best find was the Progresso Vegetable Classic soups for 88 cents each with a limit of 8 cans. I still had several $1 off of any four Progresso soups coupon. I decided to only use one coupon, since I really do not have room in my pantry to get all 8. I checked Cellfire and Shortcuts for electronic coupons. I had a 50 cents off of two Progresso soups coupons on both websites. Tom Thumb did take both of the electronic coupons and this brought my total to $1.52 for all four cans! If you do the math, then that is 38 cents a can! I spent $17.31 and saved $30.25! A savings of 64%! I love having big savings at Tom Thumb!

In the end I spent $58.35 for $129.09 worth of groceries, and I saved $70.74! I did better than I thought I was going to do. Definitely going to enjoy my Swedish Meatballs tonight after doing a good job saving money this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment