Thursday, November 4, 2010

And the winner is....

Kroger in Crowley, Texas! Sorry about not posting the last couple weeks, but there really was nothing worth blogging about. That changes today! This post is dedicated to my new favorite Kroger store.

The Kroger store in Crowley, Texas is unlike the Krogers in Fort Worth. First of all, it's clean and the produce looks fresh. It also has a good variety of organic produce and produce that is harder to find at other commercial grocery stores. Like today, I found baby yellow onions. I'm making boiled dinner tonight and the recipe calls for pearl onions. I really hate peeling those little things but when I was at Kroger today, I noticed right by the pearl onions little yellow onions. They looked like they would work perfectly in the soup. So I got about 8 of them. When checking out I found out that they did not have the code for these in the cashier's code book. The sign by them said $3.29 a pound, but she gave them to me at the adult yellow onions price which is 99 cents a pound this week.

Aside from the produce, the dairy department is conveniently located all along the store's back wall. So once I am finished with my produce, I make a turn and there is the milk. Today at this Kroger there was a sale on Springdale milk. If you buy $10 worth of groceries, then you can get a gallon of milk for 78 cents! I cannot remember a time when milk was this cheap! I knew the Kroger in Fort Worth was not having milk this cheap, so I picked up a gallon.

Another thing I love about this store, is that the items that are on sale at all Kroger's in the area tend to run a little cheaper here than at the Kroger stores in town. This week, Kroger is having a buy 10 get $5 off of selected items. Swanson's broths are on this sale. The weekly flier I received in the mail for Kroger off of Hulen had the final price after buying 10 at 50 cents a can. Not a bad price, but when I got to the Kroger in Crowley, the price was 29 cents after buying 10! Let's see which one would I prefer to buy. And the Skinner pastas were 38 cents after buying 10 at the Hulen store. I paid 19 cents each at the Crowley store! The rest of the items looked to be the same price as the Hulen store, but I did not have a chance to compare every single item on the sale.

Finally what really has me wanting to come back, is that this store will double or triple like coupons up to three. The store off of Hulen only double or triples the first coupon and the other two you get at face value. So at this store, I was able to use both of my 50 cents off of 5 Swanson's broth cans coupons and the store doubled both. So in the end, instead of paying 29 cents a can, I paid 9 cents a can! I was also excited that this store took both of my shortcut coupons for Campbell's Select Harvest and Campbell's Chunky soups. Both coupons where for $1 off of 2. I also had 2, dollar off of 2 manufacturing coupons to use on top of those. Since the Select Harvest and the Chunky soups were 99 cents after buying 10 and the store took both of my coupons, I got 4 FREE cans of soup!!!! I also got 4 cans of Cream of Mushroom and Cream of Chicken condensed soups for 30 cents a can.

I ended up paying $28.22 for all of my groceries at Kroger and saved $48.50! That is a savings of 63%! I think that is the best I have ever done at Kroger! I also was able to use my coupon for 100 fuel points. I think today is going to be a great day after all.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome!!! So impressed! I am shopping tomorrow, and am hoping to get some good deals. We'll see... :)

    ReplyDelete