Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Weekly Deals

Once again it's Thursday and I'm ready with kids and coupons in tow to save some money. Today I went to Kroger and Tom Thumb. I know what you are thinking, what about Albertsons that I love so much. Well unfortunately, the only thing that Albertsons has on sale that I could use are apples. The items on my grocery list I can I get cheaper at the other two stores, but I still love you Albertsons.

I saved the most today at Tom Thumb. Both Tom Thumb and Kroger have selected General Mills cereals for $1.99 or $1.98 a box. I chose to get the majority of my cereal at Tom Thumb because, my Coupons.com app applies their electronic coupons only to my Tom Thumb card. I also had a decent cereal coupon for $1.50 off of 3 boxes of any General Mills cereal that I could only use at Tom Thumb. My other coupons are a dollar off of three boxes. I checked my Shortcuts and Cellfire coupons to see if there are any coupons that I can use. I had two, one for Multi-grain Cheerios and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. These were on sale for $1.99. I was able to get a box of Multi-grain Cheerios for 74 cents! This was because my Shortcuts coupon was 75 cents off of one box of Multi-grain Cheerios. I got my Cinnamon Toast Crunch for 94 cents. My Shortcuts coupon was 55 cents off of a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Since I did not have anymore Cellfire or Shortcuts cereal coupons, I ended up getting a box of Lucky Charms for $1.49. My favorite deal of the week was for Campbell condensed soups. This week, Tom Thumb has the Campbell's condensed soups for a dollar a can. Last Sunday, we received coupons for 40 cents off of 4 Campbell condensed soups. I checked my Coupons.com app and there was a $1.49 off of any 4 Campbell condensed soup electronic coupon. Tom Thumb doubled my 40 cents coupon and applied the electronic coupon to drop my price to $1.71 for all four cans! That is about 42 cents a can! My next favorite deal was the whole fryer chickens Tom Thumb has for 59 cents a pound. I paid $2.73 for a chicken over four and a half pounds! At that price, I bought two. Herb rubbed roast chicken is on the menu for tomorrow. For anyone out there that loves Silk Almond Milk, Tom Thumb has a coupon to make Silk products $1.99 for a half gallon. Since in Sunday's paper I got a $2 off of 2 Silk Almond Milk coupon, I was able to get 2 half gallons for 99 cents each! In the end, I paid $28.62 and saved $45.76! That is a savings for 62% from just one store! Totally made my day!

My last stop was at Kroger. We are having salad to go with the herb rubbed chicken tomorrow, and Kroger has Roma tomatoes on sale for 88 cents a pound. I also bought five pomegranates for a dollar a piece. Kroger also has General Mills cereals for $1.98 a box. So if you do not have a Tom Thumb, then you can do what I did above at Kroger. Kroger also has Post cereals for $1.98 a box. I had a Kroger coupon for a dollar off of 2 Post cereals. Since we are completely out of cereal at my house, I thought why not get some Honey Bunches of Oats for Rob. Kroger has Sara Lee bread on sale for 98 cents a loaf. I decided to buy 2 loaves and use one for tonight's dinner of grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup, using 2 of my Progresso Hearty Tomato soup cans from my pantry. Trying to remember to rotate my food supply to make room for more. Overall I find it harder to get a 50% or greater savings per week at Kroger, but I did save 47%. I spent $31.99 and saved $27.11.

In the end, I spent $60.61 and bought $133.48 worth of groceries. That is a savings of $72.87! Much more than a 50% savings! I think this was a great shopping experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment