Thursday, September 30, 2010

This weeks deals

Another week has gone by, and it's grocery shopping day at my household. This week there were not too many big deals going on, but there where enough for me to shop at all three of my grocery stores.

I started out with Kroger today. I mainly went there because Springdale milk is 99 cents a gallon. I also needed tomatoes and lettuce. The Roma tomatoes were 88 cents a pound and the lettuce was 99 cents a head. Kroger did have All Free and Clear on sale for $2.99. We received $1 off of any one All product in Sunday's paper. I decided to use all three of my coupons and got my All for $1.99 each. The best deal I got at Kroger was the Campbell condensed soups. The Campbell condensed soups were on sale for a dollar a piece. This included the Healthy Request soups too. I still had 40 cents off of 4 for any Campbell condensed soup and a 50 cents off of 2 Healthy Request Campbell condensed soup. I checked Shortcuts and there were new electronic coupons for Campbell soups. $1.50 off of 4 Healthy Request soups and $1 off of 2 any condensed soups. Kroger doubled both of my manufacturing coupons and applied both electronic coupons towards the 6 cans of soup that I bought. In the end, I paid $1.70 for all 6 cans! That is about 28 cents per can! I did do well at Kroger today. I paid just over $25 and saved $34.58, a savings of 58%!

Albertsons was next on my list. Albertsons has a coupon for Sara Lee Classic White bread for 99 cents a loaf, with a limit of 2 loaves. Albertsons also has Gain dish soap for 99 cents. I still had two $1 off of one Gain dish soap coupons that were expiring today. I used both of them and got 2 FREE dish soaps! My favorite deal at Albertsons was the Yoplait deal. If you buy 20 Yoplaits, then you will get $3 dollars off the final price. This made each yogurt about 35 cents each. Well we have tons of Yoplait coupons from prior Sunday papers. I had two 40 cents off of 6 and one 50 cents off of 8 Yoplait coupons. Albertsons doubled all three coupons and I ended up paying 22 cents per yogurt! I spent $13.87 and saved $17.47! Well on my way for a great shopping experience.

Finally was Tom Thumb. I needed cereal really bad this week since the kids ate all the cereal by Tuesday. Kroger did have Post cereal for $1.98 a box, but I felt like I could do better. Tom Thumb has a coupon for Kelloggs Special K cereals for $1.99 a box with a limit of four. I also had two coupons for $1 off of any 2 Special K cereals. So that dropped the price to $1.49 a box. Not bad for this week, but I have done better in prior weeks. I did check out the Post at Tom Thumb, since I still had coupons for buy any 2 Post Fruity Pebble cereals and get a box of Fruity Pebbles with marshmallows for free. Tom Thumb is the only store so far that has the new Fruity Pebbles with marshmallows. Post was on sale for $2.79 a box. I decided since I really do need cereal to give it a try. I bought the two boxes for $2.79 each and when I checked out, the scanner took off $4 for the third box instead of the sale price of $2.79! So I bought 3 boxes of Post cereals for $4.37, which make it about $1.46 a box. I did buy other items at Tom Thumb, but the cereal deals were the best in my book. I spent $27.20 and saved $28.23. Not as good as the other stores, but still a 51% savings.

After it was all said and done, I spent $66.09 and got $146.37 worth of groceries. I saved $80.28, a savings of over 50%! Not a bad job, considering there were not too many items on sale this week that I had coupons for.

No comments:

Post a Comment